Sunday, July 8, 2012

Project-T: Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Installation


Surprise!! Long time no see!

I got a bit side tracked with blogging earlier in the year, but I'm back on track now! As a little sneaky peak, yes.. She's built! But don't worry! All the details on build up of the monster egg will be online as soon as I write it!

Without further ado... Let's get the Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Installed!

Wiring is pretty straight forward, but one thing that Innovate Motorsports drilled on about are ground offsets. It must mean that the LC-1 should be very accurate!

When you wire up the ground, just make sure it's connected to a good common ground point. Innovate Motorsports suggest putting a ground point on the engine block. For me, I connected the AFR gauge and LC-1 grounds together (common ground between sender and receiver) and bolted it to a clean piece of chassis in the dash.

As for the main unit, I've decided to mount the LC-1 in the engine bay, but I wanted to show it off, so I want to mount it on the well at the top-rear of the bay. To do this I simply drilled a few holes and used cable ties to tie the LC-1 against the well. For added support, I've also used mounting tape. I'll monitor this mounting method for now, if the table ties get too brittle, I'll swap them over with metal ties.



As for the Bosche AFR sensor that the LC-1 comes with, I'll install that later when I install the turbo kit. It saves me welding a bung in the exhaust or leaving an expensive sensor dangling about and heating up (the sensors heats up for readings). For now, I just want to get the wiring done. Note that although the wiring is done, I haven't put the 5A inline fuse in yet hence there's no power to the unit. Once the exhaust is ready, I'll connect up the sensor then perform free-air calibration prior to having the sensor installed in the exhaust.


Awesome! The Innovate Motorsports LC-1 wide-band controller is now installed!

No comments:

Post a Comment