Thursday, December 27, 2012

Project-T: Install Anyway!


Boostworx is booked for the big stuff! I'm hoping they could fit the turbo in place by drilling new holes or fabricating a new pipe. So let's get on to all the other little jobs that needs to be installed anyway!

Let's start with the intercooler! Although I love the look of the aluminum peeking out of the grill, the Echo needs to be a sleeping monster. So I've gone ahead and painted it flat black!




To install the intercooler I need to make some mounts and a strut to hold it in place. I took the existing strut that ran vertical in front of the radiator, modified it and created a 'T' that bolts on to the intercooler and centers it to the grill!


 


 



Alright! I then went a head did the following little jobs to help the final turbo install along:
  • Inspected all pipes and checked for any imperfections
  • Cleaned exhaust mounting points
  • Prepped turbo kit (disassembled, inspected and re-assembled turbo)
  • Loaded up the Echo with all the parts that needs to be fitted including the turbo, exhaust manifold, down pipe and remaining intercooler pipes.
Phew! I've done as much as I could... Now it's up to Boostworx for the final fittings!


No comments:

Post a Comment